While the birth of a child can be one of the most connecting and rewarding experiences for many couples, for others the experience can result in breakdowns in communication and a strain on the relationship.
In this episode, I talk with Michelle Tyliakos - a doula and birth mentor who works with expecting couples to create a powerful birthing experience and beautiful transition into postnatal life.
During our conversation, Michelle and I discuss our pre and postnatal birthing experiences, along with our journey into motherhood and it’s evolution. Pregnancy and childbirth can be one of the most rewarding events in someone's life, but it can be accompanied with fear, pain, trauma, exhaustion and loneliness.
I am so excited to share my conversation with Michelle because her expertise is centered around creating hope, educating couples, and providing facts. In this episode, she clarifies common myths about childbirth, discusses the current state of the maternity system, and provides education on birthing plans, delivery options, breastfeeding and pre/postnatal care.
Whether you’re an expecting parent, new parent or in relationship with someone who is, this is a conversation you don’t want to miss!
• Jennifer talks about her birthing experience
• what love is to Michelle
• what a powerful birthing experience looks and feels like
• how a couple can create that experience
• the current state of the maternity system: what is right in the current system and what could be improved
• many people say, “just go with the flow” -- is this a healthy mentality and good practice to execute?
• the safety of home births vs. hospital births
• what you can do at home births to ensure safety for mother and baby
• what a postpartum plan is (and isn't)
• how to construct a postpartum plan
• what it does for couples
• many men say, “It's my wife’s body. I’ll support her and her decisions.” Is this a healthy and supportive role?
• what to do and say when you don't know what to do or say
• how to develop a birthing plan, and what that looks like
• Jennifer and Michelle talk breastfeeding, lactation consultant tips, and support groups
• how prenatal choices affect the birthing experience
• what actions, on the part of the parents, create the easiest possible transition into the new world of parenting
• what couples can do to receive help when they don't have family or friends nearby
• how to eliminate fear in a woman who has experienced a traumatic birthing experience in the past
• the differences between a doula and midwife
• rapid fire questions for Michelle
Michelle's website: mypowerfulbirth.com
If there’s someone in your life that would benefit from this episode, please share it with them. Text it to them, screen shot it, or email the link. Also, if you love the show, please subscribe, rate, and leave me a 5 star review - that allows us to inspire people together. Let’s change lives together! Let’s spread the love.
What subject would you like me to discuss on The Marriage Show? Find me on social media and let me know -- head over to Instagram, Twitter or Facebook - I would love your suggestion.
Also, if you aren't already a member of my Facebook group Marriage Matters, come join us at: Marriage Matters
Subscribe to The Marriage Show on: iTunes / Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, CastBox, or TuneIn.
If you desire marital improvement, personal growth, or a massive life transformation, please set up a free consultation at: jenniferprice.com/apply
Until next time, love one another!